Cornerstone will handle all advertising of the property if it is vacant when we commence the management contract.
- We will perform background checks, check into previous rental history, and check to see if the applicant is employed;
- On the landlord’s behalf we will negotiate the rental agreement, collect rental fees and deposits, issue keys to the tenants and make sure the keys are returned once the tenant leaves;
- We will arrange to have interior and exterior inspections of the property done twice annually;
- Upon the tenants moving-out and before new tenants move-in we will contract house cleaners and re-key the door locks (if approved by the landlord);
- Tenants will be served with late notices as required;
- We will arrange, manage, and pay for all required repairs and maintenance (we will seek the landlord’s approval for all non-emergency repairs that exceed 25% of the monthly rental). Emergency repairs that exceed 75% of the monthly rental will require the landlord’s prior approval. Emergency repairs are generally those that seriously threaten the tenants’ security; risk property damage or loss etc.
- All tenants will be provided with an emergency number (emergency defined as and outlined in the tenant’s package);
- All documents, progress photos, invoices, agreements, receipts etc regarding your managed property will be available in a special; secure area of our website where only the owner has access. This provides the landlord/owner with historical data for the life of our management contract. The files may be viewed online by the landlord, printed or downloaded.