As a tenant your responsibilities include:
- Reporting any maintenance issues with the property.
- Paying for all damages you cause.
- NOT making alterations to the property without due authorization from the landlord.
- Maintaining the landscaping as provided in your lease.
- Taking care not to cause damage to the property.
- Respecting your neighbors quiet enjoyment of their property.
- Adhering to the terms of your lease (for example; by not smoking in a non-smoking house or by not having pets in a house that states in the lease no pets allowed).
- Paying all rent on time.
- Transferring all utility accounts that you will be responsible for into your name in a timely manner upon move in and removing your name from all utility accounts upon move out.
- Giving the landlord the appropriate notice (usually one-month) prior to terminating the rental agreement.
- Allowing all interior and exterior inspections of the property when given the appropriate written notice (usually 24 hours).
- NOT leaving any trash or unwanted items when leaving a rental property.
- Leaving the property in the same condition you found it in.
- Letting CornerStone know when you will be away from the rental property for more than 2 weeks.